Natural electromagnetic fields : research
There is a wealth of scientific material on the structure of the planet and the atmosphere that gives rise to the associated electromagnetic fields, the static potentials between earth and atmosphere, the relationship of planet and sun and electrical and magnetic activity generally. Similarly, much has been researched with regards to animal navigation as well as the biological effects of standing waves in the atmosphere (Schumann resonance), weather, solar activity and lunar phase. The ‘dowsing phenomenon’ with relation to earth EM fields is very old and in the right hands very reliable. Scientific explanations of this are not simplistic, but nor are they conclusive, but it would be a mistake to ignore many observations by people who are more sensitive to these things. Perhaps proposals as to ways in which organisms respond to the weak fields in nature may provide clues as to mechanisms involved in the response to manmade non-ionising radiation.
Here are some places to start finding out more.
- The Mammalian Brain in the Electromagnetic Fields Designed by Man-with Special Reference to Blood-Brain Barrier Function, Neuronal Damage and Possible Physical Mechanisms, Salford LG, et al., Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement 173, 2008
- Fifty Years of Schumann Resonance, K Schlegel, M Füllekrug, Physik in unserer Zeit, 33(6), 256-26, 2002
- Solar and geomagnetic activity, extremely low frequency magnetic and electric fields and human health at the Earth’s surface, S J Palmer, M J Rycroft, M Cermack, Surveys in Geophysics, Volume 27, Number 5, September 2006
- Neil Cherry: Environmental Health Consulting (in particular, see Papers, Natural Electromagnetic Radiation Health Effects, for biological effects of Schumann resonance)
- Discussion paper: An electromagnetic mechanism of solar-terrestrial relations, A G Kolesnik, A S Borodin, S A Kolesnik, S V Pobachenko, International Journal of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, Vol. 6, GI1004, 2005
- The contingency of parameters of human encephalograms and Schumann resonance electromagnetic fields revealed in monitoring studies, S V Pobachenko, A G Kolesnik, A S Borodin, V V Kalyuzhin, Biophysics, 51,3, 2006
- University of Tomsk, Department of Cosmic Physics and Ecology
- Magnetic Pulse Treatment for
Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study, N Pipitone, D L Scott, Current Medical Research and Opinion, Vol. 17, No. 3, 2001
- Institute for Biophysics, Magnetotherapy
- What Everyone Should Know About Magneto Therapy, Interview with Dr Wolfgang Ludwig, 1997
- Terrestrial Natural and Man-Made Electromagnetic Noise, C Bianchi, A Meloni; National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology, Rome
- Investigations on diurnal and seasonal variations of Schumann resonance intensities in the auroral region, C Rossi, P Palangio, F Rispoli, Annals of Geophysics, Vol. 50, No. 3, June 2007
- The Effect of Earthpulse on Learning of Declarative Knowledge, A [PhD] Thesis in Instructional Systems, Heather E McKinney, 2006
- Measurement of the electroencephalogram (EEG) coherence, atmospheric noise, and Schumann resonances in group meditation, D A Newandee, 1996
- Electromagnetic Properties of the Natural Environment, C Geoghan
- Environmental and biological magnetic flux densities
- EEG effects of transcranial magnetic stimulation at picoTesla range, Bardasona J L et al.
- Schumann resonance, Wikipedia
- Schumann resonance, University of Iowa
- Schumann resonance, Geophysical Observatory – Modra, Slovak Republic
- Schumann resonance, University of Oulu, Finland
- Schumann resonance: ‘Seven subtle vibrations’, Ben Lonetree.
- (see more specifically the Sedona, Arizona, magnetic anomalies)
- Understanding Geopathic and Electromagnetic Stress