Dariusz Leszczynski comment..........
Coment from Dariusz Leszczynski
HELSINKI, March 14, 2012—On March 8, 2012 the US National Cancer Institute published a study dealing with the risk of glioma (a type of brain cancer) and cell phone radiation.
This study should have made headlines around the world similar to those made by the last year's IARC classification of cell phone radiation as a possible carcinogen. But it did not. One must wonder: why?
When IARC classified cell phone radiation as a possible carcinogen in 2011, I commented in my science blog that it was:
"Big news because for the first time a very prominent evaluation report states it so openly and clearly: RF-EMF is possibly carcinogenic to humans. One has to remember that IARC monographs are considered as "gold standard" in evaluation of carcinogenicity of physical and chemical agents. If IARC says it so clearly then there must be sufficient scientific reason for it, or IARC would not put its reputation behind such claim. Furthermore, what we are used to, are statements that "so-and-so-many-review-reports" from various organizations and expert groups have not found any link between RF-EMF and cancer. These "no-link-found" reviews are many and that is why the news from IARC is big news indeed."
Similarly, the new study from the NCI should be considered big news, because for the first time scientists found that the prediction from the epidemiological study indicating that cell phone radiation might cause an increase in brain cancer has found confirmation in the study that followed the brain cancer trends.
- News from MICROWAVE NEWS - WARNING: HIGH FREQUENCY - Paris08, 2011-12-01, 09:01
- On Cell Phone Health Risks + Industry Funding for Research - Paris08, 2011-11-29, 11:20
- Weak RF Blocks Growth of Cancer Cells - Bob, 2011-12-02, 22:04
- NCI Disputes Hardell's Cell Phone Tumor Risks - Jo Miller, 2012-03-10, 10:49
- Dariusz Leszczynski comment.......... - unknown, 2012-03-18, 17:23
- Recent Rapid Responses - Coment: Michael Kundi, Devra Davis - Bob, 2012-03-20, 01:06
- Paper on Cell Phone/Reproductive Function Retracted - Jo Miller, 2012-03-17, 11:24
- IARC Shuts Down Interphone - Jo Miller, 2012-03-19, 07:06
- EM Sensitivity: Mike Repacholi vs. Gro Harlem Brundtland - Bob, 2012-04-14, 01:10
- Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland to Launch Health School in Canada - Paris08, 2012-04-13, 14:48
- Dariusz Leszczynski comment.... - unknown, 2012-04-14, 21:04
- Milton Zaret, an "Early Prophet" of Microwave Hazards, Dies - Jo Miller, 2012-06-05, 22:21
- What's Up at the FCC? - Jo Miller, 2012-06-21, 01:32
- Prenatal EMF Exposures Can Lead to Childhood Obesity - Jo Miller, 2012-07-27, 21:34
- What Ever Happened to Microwave Weapons? - Jo Miller, 2012-09-14, 15:09
- A Unified Theory of Weak Magnetic Field Action - Bob, 2012-09-27, 23:28
- Why Are More Men Getting Brain Tumors in Denmark? - Bob, 2012-11-08, 22:47
- Maybe not reliable at all. - Jo Miller, 2013-03-13, 10:40
- FCC Begins Review of Its RF Rules - Jo Miller, 2013-03-30, 12:14
- FCC & Cell Phone Industry: A Cozy Relationship - Jo Miller, 2013-04-03, 10:30
- Cell Phones Linked to Acoustic Tumors for the Fourth Time - Jo Miller, 2013-05-12, 23:04