Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland to Launch Health School in Canada
Magda Havas, BSc, PhD
Trent University, Peterborough, Canada
April 13, 2012
Former WHO leader to launch health school at one of Canada’s leading comprehensive universities.
Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland. Former World Health Organization Director-General and Prime Minister of Norway Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland will be on campus next Thursday, April 19, to help launch the University of Waterloo’s new School of Public Health and Health Systems.
A world leader in public Health, Dr. Brundtland began her career as a physician before getting involved in politics, serving as minister for environmental affairs, and later as Prime Minister of Norway for three terms in the 1980s. She became Director-General of the WHO in 1998 and chaired the World Commission of Environment and Development, known widely as the Brundtland Commission. She now sits as one of The Elders, an independent group of global leaders who work together for peace and human rights.
Dr. Brundtland will be delivering a keynote address entitled “The Importance of Public Health to Global Wellbeing” at the Thursday launch event, which takes place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the J.G. Hagey Hall of the Humanities. Registration is required and event details are available online.
The new School of Public Health and Health Systems, which received Senate approval in May of last year, aims to establish the university as a world leader in public health training, research, and analysis by working with provincial, national, and international partners to produce relevant and creative research to solve health challenges, while training a new generation of public health professionals. The school, formerly the Department of Health Studies and Gerontology, is part of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences.
Also see Repacholi vs Brundtland:
If Brundtland’s problem is psychosocial than what is Repacholi’s?
Back some years ago when Michael Repacholi was still based in Australia, he give expert testimony in a New Zealand environment court case over a high-power broadcast tower that was causing community concern. The day before his scheduled testimony at the environment court, he met with the local concerned community group and was very supportive of their concerns. It was remarked to me by one of the attendees that at the community meeting he was very charming and seemed a very reasonable person who genuinely cared about, and agreed with, their concerns. The next day he demolished their concerns in the court on behalf of the broadcasters, who had paid for his time. Whatever people think of Repacholi he is brilliant at what he does best. Its called spin.
So, if Gro Brundtland suffers from a psychsocial problem what might Repacholi suffer from?
www.emfacts.com, April 13, 2012
- News from MICROWAVE NEWS - WARNING: HIGH FREQUENCY - Paris08, 2011-12-01, 09:01
- On Cell Phone Health Risks + Industry Funding for Research - Paris08, 2011-11-29, 11:20
- Weak RF Blocks Growth of Cancer Cells - Bob, 2011-12-02, 22:04
- NCI Disputes Hardell's Cell Phone Tumor Risks - Jo Miller, 2012-03-10, 10:49
- Dariusz Leszczynski comment.......... - unknown, 2012-03-18, 17:23
- Recent Rapid Responses - Coment: Michael Kundi, Devra Davis - Bob, 2012-03-20, 01:06
- Paper on Cell Phone/Reproductive Function Retracted - Jo Miller, 2012-03-17, 11:24
- IARC Shuts Down Interphone - Jo Miller, 2012-03-19, 07:06
- EM Sensitivity: Mike Repacholi vs. Gro Harlem Brundtland - Bob, 2012-04-14, 01:10
- Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland to Launch Health School in Canada - Paris08, 2012-04-13, 14:48
- Dariusz Leszczynski comment.... - unknown, 2012-04-14, 21:04
- Milton Zaret, an "Early Prophet" of Microwave Hazards, Dies - Jo Miller, 2012-06-05, 22:21
- What's Up at the FCC? - Jo Miller, 2012-06-21, 01:32
- Prenatal EMF Exposures Can Lead to Childhood Obesity - Jo Miller, 2012-07-27, 21:34
- What Ever Happened to Microwave Weapons? - Jo Miller, 2012-09-14, 15:09
- A Unified Theory of Weak Magnetic Field Action - Bob, 2012-09-27, 23:28
- Why Are More Men Getting Brain Tumors in Denmark? - Bob, 2012-11-08, 22:47
- Maybe not reliable at all. - Jo Miller, 2013-03-13, 10:40
- FCC Begins Review of Its RF Rules - Jo Miller, 2013-03-30, 12:14
- FCC & Cell Phone Industry: A Cozy Relationship - Jo Miller, 2013-04-03, 10:30
- Cell Phones Linked to Acoustic Tumors for the Fourth Time - Jo Miller, 2013-05-12, 23:04